Apr 5, 2011

Quite a show these days ..

There comes a moment where very contrasting terms like too little and too much seem very alike. The last few days have been a lot like that. There is so much I want to say, and so much to think about, yet so little I actually do.

Since the tragic events of March 25th in Amman, I have had a lot on my mind, and to be honest, have been given a lot to think about, to contemplate and to analyze. The national census that has emerged has split the country into two very clear cut sectors, and it is doing our country no good whatsoever. On the contrary I could debate it is doing a lot of bad.

A previous post was headed with the phrase: "we're barely out of the jungle", that phrase was quoting George Carlin, a man of which I am a huge fan. I would like to quote him again tonight by saying my role here is an observer. I observe my surroundings, the system of which I'm a part of, and I note what I see. I have no belief in the system, nor do I have much real intention, or should I say motive, to fix it, I'm merely attending a large show, laughing at the funny parts and bored mostly by the rest.

From my observation of the last few days, and the growing hostility in the Jordanian society by creating a national feeling of aggression for one side of the equation towards the other, I can see no happy ending. No real reform, no real "better quality" of life, and not much of a difference from the usual downhill that we've become accustomed to.

Reality is sometimes sad, but its the reality .. things around here need a lot to change .. it's happening, but a bit too slow for my liking!

No comments:

Post a Comment